Looking at the history of tea in Taiwan, although teas are most famous in Taoyuan, Hsinchu and Miaoli, the tea trade in the south is an important factor. In the early days, all Taiwanese tea was sent to Kaohsiung which has a trading port, so it was inevitable that high-quality southern Taiwan tea would gradually develop. This article will introduce selected tea shops in southern Taiwan to help you plan your next visit.
What is Xiāng míng tea shop?
The new power of the old tea shop, the taste of Kaohsiung
Far back in history, Kaohsiung, formerly known as Dagou, used to be the key city of Taiwan’s trade, and where there is trade, there is circulation of tea. Let’s take a look at the famous tea shops in Kaohsiung!
Xiāng Míng Tea Shop
Xiāng míng tea shop on Wufu 4th Road in Kaohsiung is an old tea shop that has been in business for 70 years. When you walk into the store, you will see aluminium cans of tea leaves. Xiāng míng tea shop, a tea shop in southern Taiwan, originally used bicycles to sell tea leaves and drinks 70 years ago, and only later did it have its own tea shop. Simple/natural/original is the key to the 70-year-old Xiāng míng tea shop.
Xiāng Míng TOP 1
- Xiang Ming’s signature fresh milk tea – Sri Lankan tea leaves and Gao Da Milk from Kaohsiung, fixed with sugar.
- Domestic black bean tea – carefully selected black beans from Taiwan, rich in protein and antioxidants.
Where is Xiang Ming Tea Shop and what are the operating hours?
- Address: No. 264, Wufu 4th Road, Yancheng District, Kaohsiung City, 803
- Opening Hours: 9:00 – 21:00
- Closed: Wednesday
Top 5 Recommended Tainan Tea Shops
Amongst the verdant landscapes of Southern Taiwan, where tea plantations sway in harmony with the whispers of nature, tea shops bloom like ethereal sanctuaries. Here, time slows, allowing hearts to be captivated by the dance of flavors, as tea becomes a vessel for dreams and moments of serenity.
Tea Classroom – Shí Nián tea
Shí Nián Tea
When it comes to Kaohsiung, we must mention the bubble tea shop “Shí Nián Tea”. In addition to the 2020 founding store, there are currently 6 branches in Taiwan. Utmost pride in pure tea drinks is what motivated Shí Nián Tea to start out with six series of drinks: good tea, fresh quenched, milk cap, fresh milk, fruit, and four seasons, to satisfy guests with different preferences. Shí Nián tea has also cooperated with the Internet-famous – Uncle Lemon, to launch a series of lemon drinks.
Shí Nián Tea TOP 1
- Camellia Luozhi Jelly Drink – Shí Nián’s Luozhi black tea served with Shí Nián’s special camellia jelly. In addition to drinking a light floral fragrance, it also has a chewy texture.
- Honey Chamomile Flower Tea – The scented caffeine-free tea made from fragrant chamomile and paired with natural honey, suitable for the whole family.
Where is Shí Nián tea and what are the operating hours?
- Address: No. 243, Yucheng Road, Zuoying District, Kaohsiung City
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 20:00 (7 days a week)
- Day Off：None
How to Brew Tea? ABoxTik of Tea Series
Introducing Luxury Brand
Three treasures in Hengchun, the port tea in the south
Coming to the southernmost part of Taiwan, the most famous tea is definitely the port tea, one of the three treasures in Hengchun. Harbour tea is famous for its low altitude, low latitude, long sunshine and strong sea breeze. These ideal conditions are what gives port tea its taste characteristics.
Different from tea of other regions, the port tea grown in Pingtung, the southernmost part of Taiwan, can be picked ten times a year. The climate conditions provide port tea with an abundance of nutrition, and differs greatly from high mountain tea, especially in terms of aroma.
Shunxing Port Tea Garden
According to the “Hengchun County Chronicle”, the Pingtung port tea was retrieved by Mr. Zhu Zhenhuai from Wuyi Mountain and came to Pingtung in southern Taiwan after crossing the sea. Planted on the hillside of Ganggang Village, Manzhou Township on the Hengchun Peninsula, it has a long history of tea cultivation in southern Taiwan. The Shunxing Port Tea Garden is a complete biological cycle of tea, cultivated in the most natural way, and is the best representative of port tea.
Shunxing Port Tea Garden TOP 1
- Port Tea – The port tea in Shunxing Port Tea Garden has a total of 4 taels and 8 taels.
- Port tea old tea – Port tea old tea is roasted annually for 8 consecutive years before it is officially considered aged tea.
Where is Shunxing Port Tea Garden and what are the operating hours?
- Address: No. 392, Chashan Road, Manzhou Township, Pingtung County, 947
- Opening Hours: 9:00 – 17:00 (7 days a week)
In the southern embrace of Taiwan’s verdant lands, where whispers of ancient tea gardens linger in the breeze, tea shops bloom like fragrant petals, offering a sanctuary where time stands still, and souls entwine with the essence of tea, surrendering to the enchantment of nature’s brew.
Yixin Tea Garden
If you come to Ganggang Village, Manzhou Township in southern Taiwan and want to experience tea-picking activities, then you must visit Yixin Tea Garden. In addition to experiencing tea picking, you can also knead the tea leaves by hand, and come to better understand the entire tea making process. Yixin Tea Garden also provides an authentic Taiwanese afternoon tea of special steamed (tea-leaf) buns and fresh tea,
Yixin Tea Garden TOP 1
- Port Tea – brewed directly on site for you
- Handmade tea steamed buns – Use port tea to put in steamed buns. Chewy steamed buns with a tea fragrance.
Where is Yixin Tea Garden and what are the operating hours?
- Address: No. 16, Gongguan Road, Manzhou Township, Pingtung County, 947
- Opening Hours: 11:30 – 18:00 (7 days a week)
- Day Off：None
A bubble tea brand with branches all over Taiwan – Rishun Tea originates from Neipu, Pingtung, southern Taiwan. Rishun Tea upholds its own champion tea factory to produce raw ingredients, and strictly controls the quality of tea leaves. Absolutely no flavours or artificial sugars are added during the manufacturing process to retain the original taste, with over 10 varieties of tea products in total.
Rishun Tea TOP 1
- Four Seasons Green Tea – carefully selected from the famous Songbailing tea in Nantou. The tea is made by its own tea factory, and it has become the most famous drink.
Where is Rishun Tea and what are the operating hours?
- Address: No. 175, Guangji Road, Neipu Township, Pingtung County, 912
- Opening Hours: 09:30 – 21:00 (7 days a week)
- Day Off：None
ABoxTik gives you the best quality tea series.
Kaohsiung and Pingtung were the trading areas of Taiwan in the early days, so there are many tea shops with a long history, some that started out selling tea by bicycles before evolving into shops, and others that have traveled across the ocean to grow in Taiwan.
If you go to southern Taiwan, you can learn about these tea cultures that have been handed down. In addition to physical stores, you can also buy carefully selected boutique teas online! ABoxTik is a tea expert, who selects high-quality tea from Taiwan. Visit ABoxTik and we will help you choose the ideal tea gift box.